I am a licensed professional clinical counselor specializing in individual therapy and maintain a practice in Cincinnati, Ohio. My job is to empower you to live your very best life! Change can be hard but I believe a strong, therapeutic alliance and supportive environment will help put you on the path to living a more meaningful life.
I am particularly passionate about helping women navigate life challenges and relationship difficulties so they can live fulfilling and meaningful lives. I combine my experience, knowledge and personalized approach to help you meet your goals and overcome many of life’s obstacles.
My areas of expertise include early childhood abandonment, anxiety, self-esteem issues, depression, interpersonal and relationship difficulties. My goal is to help you chart the path that affirms your sense of self in a healthy and productive way. I will support you as you strive to be your very best self.
My primary theoretical orientation consist of Interpersonal Process Therapy (IPT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). The targets of IPT are symptom resolution, improved interpersonal functioning, and increased social support. CBT focuses on the ways in which our thoughts and feelings play a role in our behavior.
- Education: M.A. in Counseling, Cincinnati Christian University, 2013
- B.S. in Social Work, Bowling Green State University, 1994
- Professional Memberships: American Counseling Association; International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Certifications: Prepare/Enrich; Certified Clinical Trauma Professional; Mindfulness Credential from Monash University; Certified Meditation & Mindfulness Teacher Certification Program from School of Positive Psychology; Grief Counseling Specialist;
- Specialized Training’s: EMDR; Trauma Training
- Adjunct Professor in Counseling Ethics, 2017-2019